Africanian
  • Home
  • News
  • News 24/7
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
    • US
    • Russia
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Africanian
  • Home
  • News
  • News 24/7
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
    • US
    • Russia
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Africanian
Home News

Nigeria: Grave diggers nabbed with fresh human heads in Ondo

Four members of a grave scavenging syndicate were over the weekend caught in possession of human heads in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

Nigeria: Grave diggers nabbed with fresh human heads in Ondo
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via Whatsapp

The grave-diggers, Olomofe, 45; Adewale Abiodun, 40; Akinola Sunday, 69; and Oluwadare Idowu 67 who were workers at a public cemetery owned by Akure South Local Government along Imafon road, Akure were nabbed while trying to severe the head of a newly buried corpse.

The four suspects are already cooling off in the police net after being quizzed by detectives at the Ondo State Police Command.

It was gathered that on May 23, 2020, the suspects had tried to exhume the corpse of a young tipper driver buried a few hours earlier on that day.

The bubble burst for the grave digging syndicate after some of the bereaved came back to the cemetery a few hours after they left to make arrangements towards cementing the grave.

According to a family member who craved anonymity the criminals were also caught in possession of a female human head and four other fresh severed heads.

“It was when we caught them in the act that we started beating them and we discovered that they were in possession of other human heads.

“We immediately contacted men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) who came to pick them up.”

Meanwhile, residents of the community have appealed to both the local and state government to relocate the cemetery from the area.

According to them, such facilities should not be found within urban centres due to the health risks and other societal danger it portends.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the Ondo State Police Command, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro said that investigation had begun into the matter towards unraveling other members of the syndicate.

While assuring of diligent prosecution of the case, ASP Ikoro said, “the ongoing investigation will reveal everything, particularly other members of the gang.

“From what we have found out, it shows that it’s not their first time. It’s something they have been doing, it’s a routine thing.

“Like we always hear, very many days for the thief, one day for the owner. I think this time, their cup is full,” Ikoro stated.

Source: dailypost.ng

RelatedPosts

Mali Moves Key Legal Documents Online, Streamlining Public Services

Mali Moves Key Legal Documents Online, Streamlining Public Services

February 14, 2026
Moov Africa Burkina Breaks Ground on New Headquarters in Ouagadougou

Moov Africa Burkina Breaks Ground on New Headquarters in Ouagadougou

February 4, 2026
MTN Ghana Commits $2 Million to Train a New Generation of Coders

MTN Ghana Commits $2 Million to Train a New Generation of Coders

February 2, 2026
Mozambique Deploys Drones to Guide Rescues as Floods Ravage the South

Mozambique Deploys Drones to Guide Rescues as Floods Ravage the South

January 31, 2026
Morocco Advances Climate Transition as AfDB Awards $1m Green Finance Grant

Morocco Advances Climate Transition as AfDB Awards $1m Green Finance Grant

January 31, 2026
Madagascar Launches Free 15-Month Digital Skills Training for 1,300 Youth

Madagascar Launches Free 15-Month Digital Skills Training for 1,300 Youth

January 30, 2026
South Africa Expands Digital Access for Learners With New Computer Lab

South Africa Expands Digital Access for Learners With New Computer Lab

January 29, 2026
Egypt Brings Free Tech Training to Upper Egypt in Bid to Expand Opportunity

Egypt Brings Free Tech Training to Upper Egypt in Bid to Expand Opportunity

January 28, 2026
Nigeria Turns to Youth and Technology to Rebuild Farming for a Hotter Age

Nigeria Turns to Youth and Technology to Rebuild Farming for a Hotter Age

January 27, 2026
Africanian News Is a dedicated project aimed at amplifying the voices of the African Ecosystem and Diaspora. We actively collaborate with initiatives to improve access to education and digital inclusion, both in traditional schools and through digital platforms, for African children.

It’s crucial to emphasize that none of the articles or images featured on our platform are intended for copyright infringement, neither now nor in the future.
If you believe that any information, text, image, etc., may be subject to copyright and should be removed, please notify us by sending an email to: [email protected]

News Categories

  • Agriculture (3)
  • America (39)
  • Asia (131)
  • Business (1,247)
  • Culture (232)
  • Destinations (210)
  • Education (5)
  • Europe (154)
  • Food and Drink (14)
  • Guides & Tips (20)
  • Health (633)
  • Hotels (5)
  • Meetings and Tech (368)
  • News (2,563)
  • Opinion Piece (12)
  • Russia (73)
  • Science (62)
  • Sports (316)
  • Style (4)
  • Travel (145)
  • US (107)
  • World (425)

Your dreams matter; your stories matter.

Feel free to explore collaboration opportunities with us. Share your articles, thoughts, interviews, experiments, or no-comment videos by reaching out to [email protected].

You can also subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest updates from Africanian News.

Newsletter

© 2025 Africanian News.

Log In

Sign In

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Back to Login

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Accept

Add to Collection

  • Public collection title

  • Private collection title

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Meetings and Tech
  • World

© 2025 Africanian News.