1. Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has declared that the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, cannot speak for the people of the southeast.
According to Umahi, it is very funny when somebody is going about claiming that part of Benue State must descend into his territory and part of Rivers State must descend into his territory.
2. The Cross River State House of Assembly has called on doctors in the state to call off their indefinite strike.
Chairman, Committee on Health in the House, Ekpo Ekpo Bassey, lamented the recommencement of the strike by members of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) in the state.
3. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State has announced the relaxation of curfew in the State.
Ikpeazu in a tweet on Tuesday, said the relaxation followed improved security in the State.
4. In spite of the alleged payment of ransom to secure the release of their member, Dr Godwin Udo, who was kidnapped on November 1st 2020 by unknown gunmen, the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has directed all members to observe a total strike action pending when Governor Ben Ayade would make a commitment to stop kidnap of Medical Doctors or their family members
Report said N13m was allegedly paid to kidnappers to secure the release of Dr Udo who is a staff of the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital.
5. Frederick Shaibu, the younger brother of the Edo State Deputy Governor has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
Shaibu was kidnapped on Tuesday while taking his kids to school in Irhiri, Benin-City.
6. The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, announced his intention to abolish the payment of pension and other entitlements to former governors and their deputies.
He made his intention to repeal the Public Office Holder Act 2007 while presenting the 2021 budget to the Lagos State House of Assembly. According to him, the bill would be sent to the Lagos Assembly for legislative approval.
7. The Senior Pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, Sam Adeyemi, singer Davido and Burna Boy have been dragged to court over their involvement in the End SARS protests.
Also dragged before the Federal Capital High, FCT, High Court is Aisha Yesufu,Deji Adeyanju, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz, Yemi Alade, among others, by an activist, Kenechukwu Okeke.
8. Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum has expressed excitement over the conviction of alleged Boko Haram sponsors in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Zulum said he was glad that for the first time in 11 years, there appeared to be a headway on tracking some financiers of the sect.
9. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on Tuesday allayed fears of petrol scarcity.
Kennie Obateru, NNPC spokesman, in a statement, assured that the industrial action would not lead to non-availability of petroleum products at fuel stations and depots.
10. The United States, US, President, Donald Trump, on Tuesday expressed hope of being declared winner of the ongoing presidential election.
Trump said results that would be announced next week would declare him winner.