Foro ECOFIN, the prominent economic and financial innovation think tank with a 15-year history of fostering new businesses in Spain, held its traditional “La Noche de las Finanzas” (The Night of Finance) at Madrid’s Club de Campo Villa de Madrid. The event served as a platform for recognizing financial excellence and emphasizing the future of innovation.
Read More: Investing in African Green Solutions
The highlight of the evening was the presentation of the “Financiero del Año” (Financier of the Year) award, which was granted to Andrés Romero, President of Santalucía. Romero underscored the significance of this recognition, stating that it represented an acknowledgment of Santalucía’s sustained collective transformation efforts spanning over a century. He also highlighted the importance of constant and robust innovation for a sustainable future.
The event also featured the presentation of the “Titanes de las Finanzas 2023” (Finance Titans 2023) awards to ten companies and projects that have demonstrated exceptional innovation across various sectors and served as inspirations to others.
The 2023 Finance Titans were:
1. Escribano Mechanical & Engineering: This Spanish family-owned engineering firm’s commitment to research, development, and innovation (R&D&I) has positioned it as a key player in the Defense sector, holding patents and a 3% stake in Indra. The company also plays a crucial role in talent acquisition in the Madrid region.
2. Finizens: An internationally recognized FinTech specializing in passive management through indexed investments, it has saved its clients over €9 million in fees since its inception. Giorgio Semenzato, Co-Founder, and CEO of Finizens, received the award.
3. Ibericomio: This marketplace connects local producers with the public, strengthening the position of Spanish rural SMEs in the market by offering Iberian products.
4. DLTCode: A cybersecurity firm embarking on an innovative satellite launch aimed at enhancing digital security for businesses and society.
5. Extreme Networks: Focusing on cybersecurity, this company offers a comprehensive portfolio of digital solutions to meet the security needs of enterprises.
6. Liga Española de Debate Universitario – LEDU: This project aims to enhance oratory skills in Spanish universities and the professional world, fostering communication strategies and values like respect and open-mindedness. Politician Albert Rivera received the award.
7. Fundación El Buen Samaritano (Archidiócesis de Madrid): Since 1998, this foundation has worked to aid the social, family, and labor integration and recovery of individuals with mental health issues, impacting over 1,100 people directly through various activities.
8. Alcalá de Henares: Celebrating its 25th anniversary as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Alcalá de Henares holds a unique place in history as the first university campus, a center of the Spanish Golden Age, and a hub for Ibero-American culture.
9. Invertia/El Español: This online platform, specializing in economics and finance, has established itself as a reference in the Spanish business news sector through high-quality content and a focus on news relevant to the business community.
10. ‘Objetivo Igualdad’ (Televisión Española): As the first television program exclusively dedicated to promoting equality, it has significantly contributed to raising awareness about combating inequality, injustice, and violence against women.
The event also witnessed the presentation of the “Premios Imagen de España” (Image of Spain Awards) to FCC, Mahou San Miguel, and Starlite-Occident, recognizing them as exemplary representatives of the Spanish brand. Furthermore, “Premios del Jurado” (Jury Awards) were presented in various categories to Adeslas, Grupo Anro, Indra-Digital Ecosystems Lab, Gravity, TapOnPhone of Getnet/Santander, Compluemprende-Metamorphosys, Startup Olé, Negocios TV, and Unicorn Content.
This prestigious event, held at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid, was hosted by Salvador Molina, President of Foro ECOFIN and the MAD FinTech cluster. The evening’s guests enjoyed a cocktail reception before the awards ceremony and dinner.
Foro ECOFIN also extended an honorary membership to composer and soprano Pilar Jurado, acknowledging her extensive collaboration with the organization and the Fundacion Woman’s Week, especially during the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic.