The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) invite proposals for applied research projects to generate and mobilize evidence in support of contextualizing and scaling the impact of innovative approaches to strengthen gender-responsive and socially inclusive education and safe schooling experiences for all children, especially those facing multiple forms of gender inequalities and marginalization, in GPE partner countries. This call is part of the Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX), a joint endeavour between IDRC and GPE.
A recent scoping study identified two interrelated sub-themes as priorities:
- Inclusive and gender-responsive curriculum, pedagogies, and leadership
- Safe, inclusive, and supportive schools for all
The objectives of this call are to:
- Generate evidence about how to scale the impact of innovative approaches to address challenges of gender equality and social inclusion at school.
- Strengthen the capacities of relevant stakeholders to use that knowledge and innovation.
- Mobilize the evidence developed to improve policy and practice in education systems.
Selected proposals will be awarded grants ranging from
- CA $300,000 – $500,000 for projects targeting impact in a single country;
- CA $800,000 – $1,500,000 for projects targeting impact in three or more countries with direct relevance to specific priorities in those countries; and
- up to CA $2,500,000 for projects targeting impact more generally at a regional or global level, with grounded work in at least three countries, generating public goods such as toolkits or platforms.
The call is open for submissions from individual organizations, or consortia of up to three organizations. Please refer to the detailed call document to see the general eligibility criteria as well as the specific eligibility criteria for each of the three types of grants. To learn more about this funding opportunity and to apply, click here.
The deadline for submissions is August 28, 2023 (11:59PM EDT).